Sunday, December 30, 2012

Beach Bonfire and Smores

In all the years I've lived in Costa Rica, I've never had the opportunity to experience a beach bonfire.
This past weekend, my guests and I decided to make one for my friend's birthday.  Her daughter helped me out by going to collect some wood for the fire earlier that day. We waited till sundown and then headed out to the beach.
It wasn't  a large fire, but it was really lovely. The full moon was out casting a light onto the sandy beach. We  could see the waves nearby as we sat around toasting our marshmallows over the flames. 
My friend's daughter introduced me to the "smore". I've never had ever.  Very simple, yet VERY tasty! A cracker sandwich with some chocolate and a toasty melty marshmallow inside!!!!
It was soooooo good  that I ate two of them.  I know, it's not the healthiest thing to eat, but to try once in my lifetime was well worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment