Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Healthy Comfort Foods

Last week I went  a little crazy with the baking, so today I just wanted to eat something healthy and light, but satisfying.  I don't usually look up recipes. I just open my refrigerator and see what I have on hand and go from there.

I really felt like soup today and with those carrots and cauliflower starring me in the face, I thought I'd make one that combined both ingredients.

I added some celery, veggie broth, olive oil, onions, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and ginger to add some flavouring.  It turned out to be quite tasty!!! I've already had 2 bowls!


I didn't stop there! I also wanted something sweet to finish off my lunch. I cut up some papaya, some mango, then added some blueberries, some dehydrated coconut flakes and lime juice and VOILA! 
Fruit salad perfection!!! I just love all the colours in this salad. It's bursting with healthy energy!!
Now that should make up for all those cookies I ate last week!



No comments:

Post a Comment