Thursday, December 20, 2012

My crocheted shawl

I've had a lot of time to kill lately, so I decided to teach myself to crochet.   I knit, and I'm ok at it,  but crochet always seemed foreign to me. I admit, part of why I never bothered to learn was because I was too lazy to read the tutorials on how to do the stitches and then practice them. I was also very turned off by the ridiculous projects "for beginners" that I found online. Crochet dish cloth? No thanks. Same goes for those toilet paper doll covers. I mean, if this is what crochet had to offer, did I really want to bother?
Turns out yes, I did. But only because I came across some lacy patterns for shawls and stoles and some cute tops. While crochet can be cheesy, the projects I chose are anything but!

So after a few peter pan collars, and a crocheted necklace, I decided to make my own pattern (kind of free-stylin' it) for a large shawl. I wanted it to look like a large wingspan. It turned out just the way I wanted it to.   It's very lacy but light and perfect for evening walks with my dog.








2 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful. any chance you remember your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, I didn't write it down. I just free styled it!

    ReplyDelete